Related Links

Charitable Remainder Unitrusts
(Who should serve as trustee?)

A unitrust is a separate legal entity administered by a trustee. MU Foundation can serve as trustee of your unitrust, or you, or a financial advisor or institution can serve. We currently administer a significant portfolio of charitable trusts, and any fees are paid for by your trust. (We do ask a minimum gift of $10,000 to establish a unitrust for which we will serve as trustee.) Alternately, you may wish to follow your or your advisors’ investment strategies. Whichever option you choose, we can share sample trust forms and discuss the details of establishing the unitrust with you and your advisors.

For more information

Email us, complete the personal illustration form, or call us at (304) 696-6214 so that we can assist you through every step of the process.